Monday, January 17, 2011

First Finish of 2011

Yesterday I finished the first ornament in the yearly ornament stitch-a-long with my group ESC; Every Stitch Counts.  

The Gingerbread Man was the first of the ornament kits I have received from Cecilia's Samplers, which I signed on for while in Branson, at their stitching retreat.

I have yet to finish off the ornament; am still deciding how I want to do this; I am new at finishing, so I want to be sure of what I want to do and take my time doing it! lol

He does have two tiny gold beads for buttons on his vest that are very hard to see!

6 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

He looks so yummy! Love the gold "buttons".

I'm afraid I have no finishing advice for you. Finishing is not one of my strong points.

Can't wait to see what you decide with him.

Meari said...

Very cute. Congrats on your first finish, Sue.

Shari said...

very cute Sue!!! I love him!!!! he looks great!

Debra said...

really cute.

Carol's Stitching said...

Oh he is so cute! I hadn't seen her designs before so I'll have to check them out. Looking forward to seeing you soon hopefully and maybe Laura, you and I can visit Stitching Post when you come to MD.

Hugs!

PumP-kin

Annette said...

What a cute gingerman!!